JessHaines

Jess Haines

I'm an author, a dreamer, a paperback reader...

Hunter's Moon (Tales of the Sazi, Book 1)
'C. T. Adams', 'Cathy Clamp'
The Nasty Vamp - Gail Koger Have you ever been curious about a book that looked so tragically bad, you just had to read it?

Did you ever then discover it was so much worse than you’d originally thought that you start wishing you could go back and unmake time itself so that you would never have set eyes upon or heard of such a travesty?

This is one of those books.

Confession time.

Sometimes, seeing the terrible covers or book descriptions on KB’s Babbling About Books & More WTFery posts prompts me to investigate the WTFery for myself. I admit it, I am drawn to terrible books and movies. (Have you seen Thankskilling? A low-budget D-grade cinematic masterpiece, I tell you!) I’m also drawn to just about anything featuring vampires. So, with a title like THE NASTY VAMP, well… After spotting this on KB’s blog, I just had to check it out. Could it really be as bad as the title implied?

This thinly veiled Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanfic was chock full of spelling, grammar, and continuity errors, ridiculous situations (nekkid Mary Sue heroine riding a motorcycle down the Las Vegas strip? Wut.), and sometimes just plain gross stuff (drugged non-consensual sex in front of a room full of witnesses followed by almost-tentacle pr0n. Wut.). This was not cool. Not cool at all.

Rating: DNF